Living environments. Beautiful spaces. Rendered in seconds.
Lumion 9.5 is a free update for Lumion 9 users.
Lumion has always set out to define what rendering should be: fast and stress-free with exceptional results. Now, with Lumion 9, you won’t just feel the space. You’ll instantly breathe life into your project while capturing photo realistic environments faster than ever before.
Add the one-touch Real Skies to cast a new light on your scene and instantly create a beautiful, unique setting for your designs. Let realistic rain communicate cozy spaces, which you can now decorate with furry rugs and fluffy blankets. For the true-to-life garden shot, apply the new Customizable 3D Grass materials and you’ll almost feel the freshly cut lawn beneath your feet.
New streamlined scene-building tools help you create complex environments in minutes. Add to the improved workflow, Lumion’s jaw-dropping rendering speed and outstanding images and videos are within your reach, on all your projects. Use Lumion 9 to show the true beauty of your designs and form genuine connections with your clients.
NEW IN LUMION 9.5: NATURAL MATERIALS AND OBJECTS
Communicate the cozy feeling of your design and its environment with new, natural objects and materials in Lumion 9.5, available now.
Apply any of the 52 new wood and brick materials and you’ll immediately set up that warm, home-sweet-home feeling for your interiors and exteriors. You can then invite nature into your design with the 14 new leafless trees and shrubs, 96 forest wood objects (twigs, trunks, logs, punk woods, stumps, etc.) and 25 potted plants.*
With the added benefit of lightning-fast rendering, Lumion 9.5 makes it easy to connect interior and exterior spaces with a consistent mood, while helping you quickly polish the look of your renders with a breathtaking level of realism.
Lumion 9.5 is now available as a free update for all Lumion 9.x users
By ordering a new Lumion 9 license or seat now, you will automatically get Lumion 9.5.
The new HD materials in Lumion 9.5 and Lumion 9.5 Pro include:
- 3 fine woods for interiors and exteriors
- 2 wood materials for cabins walls
- 16 wood floors
- 9 types of wood planks
- 4 types of worn wood planks
- 12 brick materials
- 3 types of medieval bricks
- 2 types of diamond steel floors
- 1 fabric wicker material
For the new models, listed below, you can find some unlocked in the standard version of Lumion:
- 11 leafless trees
- 3 leafless shrubs
- 5 fir cones
- 16 logs
- 34 types of punk wood
- 15 tree stumps
- 26 twigs
- 25 potted plants
Changes & Resolved Errors
- Reflection Effect: Reflection Planes are now placed correctly on surfaces in confined spaces (e.g. interiors).
- Place item on nodes & Replace selection: Large numbers of trees & plants no longer result in pop-up error messages when using these functions.
Loading & saving
- Merge Scene: Merging large numbers of trees & plants no longer results in pop-up messages.
- MyLumion: Entering more than one email address no longer causes a crash.
- The Reflectivity Masks for Man_African_0004 and Man_Caucasian_0012 have been fixed.
Importing & exporting
- Textures with a width and/or a height in excess of 16,384 pixels no longer cause a crash when importing/re-importing models.
- Collada .DAE importer: Using the LiveSync function or the Lumion LiveSync .DAE exporter should now generate material names that are closer to the original material names in most supported 3D/CAD software. For example “.Floor(1) Lobby” in Revit will result in “.Floor(1) Lobby” in Lumion as well. Some 3D/CAD software does not allow the use of special characters and/or spaces when exporting files. In those cases, the characters are replaced by underscores.
- The Lumion importer now checks the source of the Collada .DAE file. If the Collada .DAE file is from a trusted source, it is imported faster and consumes less memory. Trusted sources are as follows:
– The LiveSync Collada .DAE exporters.
– Any exporter that uses Open Collada, such as Blender.
– Any exporter that uses FBX Collada (Autodesk Collada), such as 3ds Max.
– SketchUp files (.SKP).
Top New Features In Lumion 9
Sky Light 2 and Real Skies (Pro)
Customizable 3D Grasses (Pro)
Atmospheric Rain and Snow (Pro)
Furry materials (Pro)
LiveSync for Rhino
Lean scene-building workflow
Intuitive object placement
Instant object focus
Automatic file recovery
Sky Light 2 and Real Skies
(Real Skies are Pro only)
Instant, beautiful skies to take your breath away. With 39 Real Skies and their pre-configured Sky Light settings in Lumion 9, it takes a single click to give your design the perfect clear blue morning, stormy afternoon or unforgettable sunset.
Change the sky and your design’s entire lighting changes with it, putting you within reach of an awe-inspiring render in literally seconds.
Customizable 3D Grass
Spice up your landscape designs and add a variety of realistic grasses to your parks, gardens, lawns and any other surfaces with the new Customizable 3D Grass materials in Lumion 9.
Atmospheric Rain and Snow
Express the real feeling of your designs with the new Atmospheric Rain and Snow. With just a click, you can create everything from the light drizzle to a full-blown downpour, the winter flurry to a whiteout blizzard. The Atmospheric Rain and Snow is located under the Precipitation effect in Photo and Movie mode.
112 Realistic new materials
With 122 highly realistic, new materials in Lumion Pro, including almost 100 textures from the well-renowned Poliigon, it’s easier than ever to quickly convert the blank skeleton of your 3D model into a lively scene teeming with color, depth and feeling.
88 new high-definition materials from Poliigon.com in the Indoors, Outdoors and Rock category:
- 7 new fabrics including cashmere, muslin and printed rugs.
- 6 new curtain materials.
- 6 new plaster materials.
- 14 new marble stone materials.
- 8 new brick materials.
- 5 new concrete materials.
- 8 new metal materials.
- 4 new roofing materials.
- 8 new cobblestone stone materials.
- 15 new wood materials.
- 7 new rock materials.
New 3D Grass category with 14 highly detailed 3D Grass Materials.
New Fur category with 10 highly detailed Fur Materials.
Soft to the touch. Colorful and fluffy. For the ultra-comfy blanket or rug, the new furry material provides charm and warmth to any surface in any space.
New objects in the Content Library* (Some Pro Only)
Infuse your designs with the energy of real-life, lived-in spaces and wild environments with 634 new HD objects available in Lumion 9. These new objects include, but are not limited to:
- 91 new trees, plants and rocks from around the globe, including variations in shape and size
- 459 indoor objects ranging from high-quality kitchen appliances, seating, desks, storage items and other home furnishings
- 5 outdoor objects, including apartment blocks and outdoor furniture
- 30 new, high-quality animated 3D people, including men, women, elderly people, bicyclists and more.
- 10 new vehicle models, including HD cars, sports cars and SUVs
All of the new objects are HD quality, and the new additions bring the total number of objects in the Lumion 9 content library to 5,259 *.
*Lumion contains about one-third of the total library content, while Lumion Pro contains the full library.
LiveSync for Rhino
With the new LiveSync for Rhino in Lumion 9, you can simultaneously model and render, visualizing changes in real-time. Sync camera perspectives and materials while continuing to develop the shape and form of the model, and experience your design in a whole new way as you’re creating it.
LiveSync is only available for Rhino 6.
Need urban context, fast? In Lumion 9, OpenStreetMap has gone through a major update to bring you higher quality city context at faster speeds than before.
Lean scene-building workflow
The fastest rendering engine just got a boost into high gear. Natural and intuitive scene building. One-touch controls for quickly adding objects, materials, effects and more. From zero to beautiful render in record time.
Save the perfect table arrangement, load the picturesque bedroom. Your favorite object arrangements and groups are uniquely yours, saved now and forever!
Intuitive Object Placement
Placing objects is now more intuitive, easier and faster. Smart object technology via easy-to-use hotkeys can help ensure the right object placement while saving you valuable time and streamlining your scene building processes.
Instant Object Focus
A double-click takes you anywhere throughout the scene, so you’ll never lose sight of your model again.
Updated Import edges
Take it to the edge. In Lumion 9, the edges of your models can be imported as separate material assignments. This way, you can easily create wire-frame models and highlight the outlines of interior and exterior geometry. Supports edges from SketchUp (.SKP & .DAE) + 2D lines from 3ds Max (.FBX & .MAX)
Automatic file recovery
When your computer crashes, there’s no need to lose your mind. In Lumion 9, you can rest assured that your Lumion file is safe and sound with the new automatic file recovery feature.